I just did a big clean-up- pulled out the fridge and scrubbed behind it, laundered our pillows and duvet and mattress coverings and aired everything out. Now feels as good a time as any for an updated apartment tour. After all that cleaning, I didn't feel like steaming the sheets or vacuuming before taking these photos, so you get an idea of our apartment in its natural state.
To-do list for next year:
Get proper frames for our prints
Find a big, cat friendly tree for the kitchen (we saw a nice crabapple in the Marais, I wish it wasn't toxic)
Figure out where to hang Daniela Cappacioli's wire sculptures; alternately, knit some jellyfish to hang around the apartment
Household additions this year (some, not all, of the links below are affiliate links, so if you click on them, I receive a commission):
- Four handmade Valeria Polsinelli sake cups
- This Cuisinart compact fryer- my husband's treat for himself. I haven't used it yet but I love his homemade fries
- A Bosch Power Silence vacuum cleaner. My husband replaced ours while I was away. I'm not sure why. Probably mostly because he wanted a German vacuum cleaner.
- Redecker Eddington bottle brush
- Wooden soap dish
- Cat carrier from my mom
- Gluten-free cutting board. I keep it hidden under the sink so people don't contaminate it like the last one- gluten contamination is the reason we can't rent our place out anymore.
- Polyester and cardboard cat tree *sigh*. Kar and Toffel were too big for the old one and they love sleeping in the banana leaf cubbies. When the polyester wears out, I'll replace the plush with linen coverings.
- Two teacups and mortar and pestle, a gift from Joe and Ashley
Nkuku wire shelves (in the kitchen)
Ikea couch, dining room set, and kitchen towels (used as napkins)
Flour sack towels
Arne Jacobsen for Georg Jensen cutlery
H&M linen sheets
Happypet cat tree
Bamboo pet feeder
Paolo Galetto and me&him&you prints, vintage map of Thailand, personal photos, sketch by a Montreuillois artist (not pictured) on walls
I only listed items I get questions about. If you're wondering about the source for anything else just ask!